- Tuesdays (during the school year)
- Begin: 4:30 p.m. for all choirs
- Dismissal times:
- Preparatory Choir: 5:20
- Intermediate Choir: 5:25
- Advanced Choir: 5:30
- Chamber Choir: 5:40
- Children are expected to attend every rehearsal (early Sept — early Dec; mid Jan — mid May) as well as all performances and dress rehearsals. Please note: Any request for absence from a rehearsal or for a performance MUST BE SUBMITTED WELL IN ADVANCE, especially for ANY performance (except in the case of unexpected illness or an emergency). To request an excused absence in advance, please contact your child’s respective choir director and you may also submit an excused absence request HERE.
- If children are unable to sing both semesters due to other commitments, they may sing only one semester in the Preparatory, Intermediate, or Advanced Choir without penalty. Singers should note that participation in the Chamber Choir is a year-long commitment.
- Semester Tuition is $135 for Preparatory and Intermediate Choirs. Parents/Guardians who pay tuition IN FULL for the year (fall and spring) on or before September 30 will receive a tuition reduction of $245.
- Semester Tuition is $155 for Advanced and Chamber Choirs. Parents/Guardians who pay tuition IN FULL for the year (fall and spring) on or before September 30 will receive a tuition reduction of $265
- Scholarships are available in the case of financial hardship
Parents and Guardians of LSCC students will be able to make online payments HERE
Dress Requirements – FOR ALL LSCC MEMBERS:
- Dress rehearsal attire:
- ALL STUDENTS are expected to wear LSCC polos with the LSCC insignia and black pants/skirt for dress rehearsals. Required shirts may be purchased here.
- Performance attire:
- Preparatory and Intermediate Choirs: Members wear red LSCC logo polos (see link above) and black pants with dark shoes and dark socks.
- Advanced Choir: Girls wear white tux shirts (available at Geno’s, Hobby Lobby, and other distributors), black pants or skirt (knee length or longer), dark shoes, and dark socks or stockings. Boys wear white tux shirts, black pants, dark shoes, and dark socks.
- Chamber Choir: Girls wear a long, black dress to be purchased from Southeastern Apparel, black shoes (no high heels) and nude hose. Boys wear regular black dress shirts, black cavalier pants, and a red tie.
- Members of Chamber and Advanced Choirs will also be provided red vests from LSCC. Vests must be returned in good condition at the end of the year or when a student leaves the group.
LSCC Dates for the Season:
Aug. 21 – Auditions: New singers and those wanting to advance choirs 4:30- 6 pm
Aug. 28 – Auditions: New singers and those wanting to advance choirs 4:30-6 pm:
Sept. 4 – LSCC Rehearsals begin, CUMC Sanctuary, 4:30 p.m.
Sept. 25 – Mandatory Parent/Caregiver meeting, CUMC Sanctuary, 5:00 p.m.
Nov. 6 – Dress rehearsal for Fall Concert, TCPC, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
Nov. 10 – LSCC Fall Concert, TCPC, 4:00 p.m. All Choirs.
Nov. 25 – Tree Lighting Ceremony, Triangle Park, Time TBA, Preparatory and Intermediate Choirs.
Nov. 30 – UK Holiday Collage Dress Rehearsal, SCFA, 7:00-10:00 p.m., Advanced and Chamber Choirs
Dec. 1 – UK Holiday Collage, SCFA, 2:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Advanced and Chamber Choirs.
Dec. 2 – UK Holiday Collage, SCFA, 3:00 p.m., Advanced and Chamber Choirs.
Jan. 8 – Spring Auditions, CUMC, 4:30-6 p.m. Preparatory, Intermediate and Advanced Choirs Only.
Jan. 15 – Rehearsals begin, CUMC Sanctuary, 4:30 pm
Jan. 22 – Mandatory meeting for NEW parents/caregivers, CUMC, 5:00 pm
Mar. 10 – 60th Anniversary Commission Concert, FUMC, Chamber Choir only
April – Chamber Choir Tour, details TBA, Chamber Choir Only
May 4 – Music in the Parks Competition, Kings Island, Advanced Choir Only.
May 7 – Dress Rehearsal for Spring Concert, TCPC, 4:30 – 6:00 p.m.
May 11 – LSCC Spring Concert, TCPC, 3:00 p.m., All Choirs.
May 14 – End of Year Banquet, CUMC Foundry, 5:00 p.m. All Choirs.
May 25 –Pops Concert, The Lexington Opera House, 7:30 p.m., Advanced Choir Only
Lexington Legends Game, Whitaker Ball Park, Intermediate Choir Only
CUMC – Centenary United Methodist Church, 2800 Tates Creek Rd. 40502
FUMC – First United Methodist Church, 200 W High St. 40507
SCFA – Singletary Center for the Arts, 405 Rose St. 40508
TCPC – Tates Creek Presbyterian Church, 3900 Rapid Run Dr. 40515