Children's Choirs Mission Statement
The Lexington Singers Children's Choir (LSCC) was formed to provide opportunities for the children of Lexington and the surrounding communities to participate in a quality choral music education program and to further musical understanding among all peoples regardless of religious, racial, cultural or economic background.
The Lexington Singers Children's Choir consists of four choirs:
- Preparatory Choir
- Intermediate Choir
- Advanced Choir
- Chamber Choir
- More information about each choir [here]
- Tuesdays (starting September 3, 2013)
- Begin: 4:30 p.m. for all choirs
- Dismissal times:
- Preparatory Choir: 5:20
- Intermediate Choir: 5:25
- Advanced Choir: 5:30
- Chamber Choir: 5:40
- Children are expected to attend every rehearsal (early Sept — early Dec; mid Jan — mid May) as well as all performances and dress rehearsals.
- If children are unable to sing both semesters due to other commitments, they may sing only one semester in the Preparatory, Intermediate, or Advanced Choir without penalty. Singers should note that participation in the Chamber Choir is a year-long commitment.
- Tuition is $120 for Preparatory and Intermediate Choirs (with reduced rate of $210 if paid for entire year in September)
- Tuition is $140 for Advanced and Chamber Choirs (with reduced rate of $235 if paid for entire year in September).
- Scholarships are available in the case of financial hardship [App.Form]
Dress Requirements - FOR ALL LSCC MEMBERS:
- Dress rehearsal attire:
- ALL STUDENTS are expected to wear LSCC polos with the LSCC insignia and khaki pants/skirt for dress rehearsals. Required shirts may be purchased here.
- Performance attire:
- Preparatory and Intermediate Choirs: Members wear red LSCC logo polos (see link above) and black pants with dark shoes and dark socks.
- Advanced Choir: Girls wear white tux shirts (available at Geno's, Hobby Lobby, and other distributers), black pants or skirt (knee length or longer), dark shoes, and dark socks or stockings. Boys wear white tux shirts, black pants, dark shoes, and dark socks.
- Chamber Choir: Girls wear a long, black dress to be purchased from Southeastern Apparel, black shoes (no high heels) and nude hose. Boys wear regular black dress shirts, black cavalier pants, and a red tie.
- Members of Chamber and Advanced Choirs will also be provided red vests from LSCC. Vests must be returned in good condition at the end of the year or when a student leaves the group.
- Excused Absense Form (Adobe Acrobat format: .pdf)
- Chaperone Form (Adobe Acrobat format: .pdf)
- LSCC Info & Medical Release (Adobe Acrobat format: .pdf)
Check out the LSCC Calendar [here].